Hello Project Ryu fans,
About a month ago i reversed engineered a mic preamp module from an old console. If you don’t remember please refer to the article here. After i rebuilt the modules with newer components i decided to build a nice 2 channel preamp with them.
Below you can see the circuit for the unit. M1 and M2 are the modules presented in part 1.
As you can see it splits a 12V rail into +/-5V duble rails. I did this because i wanted to make it more mobile so i can power it from a big battery.
Below you can see my example of chassis.
This preamp doesn’t have a phantom power although you could easily add a +12V phantom power. In this regard it is best suited for dynamic microphones.
Thank you for visiting.